Monday 8 February 2016

January Favourites



Wow, this month has flown by. I can't believe its February already. I've been using some things that I'm really enjoying lately. Some new, some not. First off I've been really into lipliner lately. I'm not a fan of my lip shape, and I have freckles along the top that make my upper lip look pointed when it's not. So I've been using lipliner to slightly change the shape, but it still looks really natural and helps my lipstick to last longer aswell. The Nyx Retractable Liner in Nude is perfect for everyday because its more of a nude shade, so it can go with any lip colour. Mac Dervish is another favourite because it can be used alone all over the lips with a bit of lipbalm overtop for a really pretty mauvey pink shade. It works well with most lipsticks aswell.

I've also been really enjoying my Urban Decay x Gwen Stefani Eyeshadow Palette. Ive been using this almost everyday, which was the plan since it wasnt exactly cheap. Ive used most of the shades in there and think they are great colours for me. For hilight, I've been loving the Laura Mercier Matte Radiance Baked Powder in 01. This is the mini I got in a Sephora set and I'm glad it was in there because I never would have tried it otherwise. This is the perfect day to day hilighter because it isn't over-the-top, theres no sparkle or crazy shimmer. Just the perfect glow to the skin. Love it. You need to try it.

Probably my favourite product I discovered in mid December actually, was the Clarins Instant Eye Makeup Remover. This stuff is amazing. I was using cleansing oils and micellar waters to remove my makeup and spending too much time trying to get my mascara off. One swipe on a cotton pad of this stuff across the eye and all my eye makeup is dissolved. I was amazed from the small sample size I had that I had to run out ad grab a bottle immediately before I ran out. Nothings ever been quite as quick and easy as this stuff. Full review post to come!

Lastly is a nail colour. I've been trying really hard not to bite my nails and my favourite colour lately is Essie's No More Film. Its such a nice deep plum shade that looks so glossy on the nails. I had someone ask if I had shellac done but no, it was just this with Seche Vite overtop. I've been repainting it over and over because it just looks so nice.

Those are all my favourites from January. Let me know what you've been loving below. Also, I know I've been a bit MIA lately on here, but I'm hoping to change that and have a lot more posts up from now on!

2 comments:

  1. That nail colour is so gorgeous! And I've heard so many good things both about the Gwen Stefani palette, and the Clarins makeup remover. There is nothing better than a good eye makeup remover, that's for sure!

    In January I was loving the Honey I Washed My Hair shampoo bar from Lush! It smells sooo nice and works so well!

    Erin
    http://sexycardi.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ouu Ive never tried that one. Ill add it to my list of things to try :)

      Delete

romantica theme by Pink + Lola