Thursday 9 April 2015

Lily 7 Month Update


I love doing these posts because I get to look back and how much Lily has grown and accomplished. I meant to do a 6 month update but I didn't get around to it until now. It feels like she's learning and doing new things every week lately, which is really exciting to watch. When she had her six month appointment the scale wasn't working right so I dont know her real weight. It said she was 18.5 lbs but theres no way she only gained one pound in two months, especially since she had started eating solids at four months. I believe she is over 20 lbs because she is getting super difficult to carry around without having a sore back or arm.
She is now able to sit up on her own! I was propping her up up with pillows on the couch, and one day she lifted herself up and was able to sit on her own. I still need to keep pillows around her when she sits om the floor incase she flops over, but she's doing really well. She kicks her legs around when she's on her tummy, but she has yet to figure out crawling.

As for food, she started solids(purees) after her four month appointment. I started with rice cereal, peas, apples, sweet potatoes etc. So far the only thing that didn't settle well with her was a apple mango kiwi blend. She is now starting with more chunkier foods like chicken and mashed bananas. For little snacks I give her Baby Mummums. They're little rice crackers that she can hold and chomp down on herself. They melt in the mouth so they're easy for her to eat and she loves them. They come in handy when she's being fussy in a store or when we're out in general.

She's getting into more of a routine with her napping. She wakes up 7/7:30 and tends to fall asleep for  10-30 minutes around 9 in my arms. I don't bother putting her in her crib because she won't sleep long at this time. Then around 12 or 1 she'll have a nap for usually and hour sometimes more, and another around 3 or 4. She's in bed around 7:30 and is usually good until morning, unless it's a teething time inwhich case I may need to go in and calm her down or give her Tempra to get her to sleep through the night. She has a third tooth coming in on top now though it's not really visible unless you go looking for it.

She is very focal. She'll bable away, sing or make happy screams as she's playing and sometimes even to put herself to sleep. How cute! Lately she's starting with the mum mum/mumma sounds which I just love. She has been getting a bit clingy with me lately, where she doesn't want me to leave the room even if it's just for a minute. If I go out without her, she will sometimes cry out "mumma" for me until I come back. It makes me sad but she'll have to get over the separation anxiety before I go back to work or it's going to be a nightmare for whoevers watching her. Otherwise she's a very happy, smiley baby. I think thats everything new for now. I can't believe how quickly the time has gone.  It's almost time for me to go back to work! Sad face. I'll be back with another update when she's nine months old. Which will feel like a blink of an eye to me.


No comments:

Post a Comment

romantica theme by Pink + Lola