Thursday 26 March 2015

Making Some Self Changes


Since having a baby my body hasn't been quite the same. I'm tired, some days I eat a lot, some days I don't eat much of anything, some days I eat a ton of crap and feel bad about myself. A week ago I decided it was time to work on making myself feel better about the way I feel and look. I lost all but three pounds six weeks after giving birth. I've never had a problem with weight. I'm naturally slim and have a fast metabolism so watching what I ate and exercise weren't big things for me. But after you have a baby and your body stretches out to hold an almost ten pound baby(!) you need to work a little to get it back to the way it was. Or as close as you can, because I don't think my stomach will ever look the way it did before. I did get stretch marks on my belly and hips, and all the lotions and potions help to minimize the appearance slightly, but I think the only thing that can really help those is time. So while I may not be able to do much about those, the extra skin around my belly I can help.

While I would love to be able to just go to the gym, and workout a few times a week, having a baby doesnt make that very possible. So for now, I'm doing at home workouts and trying to eat more fruits and veggies, aswell as water which I rarely drink. Eating better always makes me feel better about myself. Over time I hope it gives me more energy and hopefully helps me to sleep better through the night. As for the workouts, i'm currently doing two challenges from the #fitgirlcode website. The 30dayabchallenge and 30dayfullbodychallenge are great starters for me because there are only four exercises in each and only take a few minutes to do (perfect for moms). Each day it increases the amount of each you're doing and I really can feel it working on my stomach, even if I won't see it anytime soon.

When the weather gets a little nicer, I hope to get out running a few times a week as well, but it's still too cold and icy out for that at the moment. Because Im not trying to lose weight, I dont have a specific goal for myself. I hope to stick to this and will update with how things are going. I may start posting what I eat and some recipes to go along with this to keep me motivated. Any recommendations are always welcome, and feel free to come along this journey with me if you so please.


No comments:

Post a Comment

romantica theme by Pink + Lola