Thursday 19 March 2015

The Brows

maybelline brow drama mascara, nix cake powder, brows,eyebrow

Now i've never been one to spend time on my brows. I wax/tweeze them of course, but i've always had a full, dark brow that filling them in never crossed my mind. Over the last year or so i've been experimenting a little bit with brow products. There isn't much I need to do, its more keeping them in place, also the ends are getting sparser and I noticed from a distance it looks like I have half a brow (think angry emoji). No one wants to look like that.

I don't like pencils because I don't want it to look like I did anything to them, so most of those products people talk about were not going to be any good for me. Plus, I didn't want to fork out a lot of money on something that I wasn't that worried about. While purusing the aisles of the drugstore I spotted the NYX Eyebrow Cake Powder, which has two powders, a wax and a mini spoolie and applicator brush. The black/grey shades are pefect for me. I use the lighter one most of the time, though I do mix it sometimes. I'm not really a fan of the wax but I do use it every now and then. I apply with an angled Mac brow/liner brush (the name wore off so I don't know what it is) to the tail ends and lightly run over the rest of the brow. This is my go to brow product currently.

Another option is the brow mascara. All these companies are coming out with them, similar to the Benefit one. Not knowing if Id even like the idea of the product, I didn't want to spend $30 on it for it to just sit there, so I went for the cheaper option. The only one I could find in my drugstore was Maybelline Brow Drama Sculpting Brow Mascara. I went for the darkest shade which is a good match. It comes in a tube like a mascara, but has a very odd brush applicator. Even having bigger brows I still have a bit of a hard time not getting it on my skin. Why they made this odd design i'll never understand, but the product itself is pretty good. It doesn't go on too full, so you can build up the colour a bit if you need to. I think this would be better suited for someone like me, just wanting to get the sparse areas and keep in place because its definitely not a shaping product. It makes your brows feel a bit weird, but it keeps them in place. This is a good quick option, but I think I might try the Benefit one next time.

Side note: I forgot to remove it one night and I must have been scratching at it because in the morning I had little pieces of brown all around my eyebrows. So I would recommend not scratching your eyebrows if you use this because you may not notice and have no one tell you like me.

I don't need to spend too much time on my brows lately because of my full bang, but these are still what I use. What are your opinions on these? What do you use, and is there something better out there I should try. Let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment

romantica theme by Pink + Lola