Friday 23 January 2015

Winter Skin Saviours

antipodes manuka honey mask, lush skindrink, honeymania bodyshop lip butter, avene hydrance optimale, moisturizer


The dreaded winter is here which means dry, tight, dehydrated skin. I actually went to the drugstore the other week and was looking at a skincare giftset and one of the ladies working noticed my poor dry face and was giving me some tips for what to use. Though I was already using a rich moisturiser and a mask, she pointed out that I was still using a gel cleanser. Id never thought about it, but a cleansing milk is better suited to dry skin as its less stripping, and doesnt always require being rinsed off (though I prefer to).  Ive been finishing up an Origins Make A Difference Rejuvenating Cleansing Milk sample I got a while back before trying any new ones, but I have used one from Vichy which I really liked and recommend.

With a clean face, once or twice a week I like to use a nice hydrating mask. The Antipodes Manuka Honey Mask is an old favourite, and ive been trying out the Avene Soothing Moisture Mask, which I sometimes leave on over night. Both leave my skin feeling soft and hydrated and with no tight, itchy skin to be found. I then go in with a serum. Sometimes I use Hydraluron, but recently ive been trying a sample of Avene Hydrance Optimale Hydrating Serum. Its targeted towards dehydrated skin, which I definitely have, and instantly makes your face feel super soft. Another product I like is the Origins Make A Difference Plus Rejuvenating Treatment. This stuff is awesome at instantly hydrating the skin. Its light and absorbs pretty quick and just just feels nice on the skin. Lastly I go in with a rich moisturizer. Lush Skin Drink is a nice one, though it can take a while to settle into the skin so I dont recommend this one if you plan to wear makeup over it. Avene Hydrance Optimale Hydrating Rich Cream is for dry to very dry skin and is my perfect cream. Even though its rich it doesnt take hours to sink itnto your skin and can be worn under makeup. I like to use this one before bed and when I wake up in the morning its like having new skin. Nothing bad to say about this one.

Lastly I make sure to hydrate my poor lips. I swear ive never had such dry lips as I have since having Lily. Thet get cracked, chapped and sore and the only two things that have been helping are Blistex Medicated Lip Treatment, and The Body Shop Lip Butters. My dog actually got ahold of my Blistex one day and the tube was bitten open and product was all over the carpet. I almost died because it was the only thing helping me. I ran out the next day for a new one because I don't think I can live without it. The Body Shop one is great when my lips arent in quite as bad a shape. And with my now moisturized skin, im ready to face the dreaded winter.




No comments:

Post a Comment

romantica theme by Pink + Lola