Saturday 31 January 2015

Avene Hydrating Set


When winter comes my skin takes a 180 and becomes very dry and dehydrated. I spotted this little Aven set  around christmas time and thought it would be nice to give a go. I love trying new products but having everything boxed together specifically targeted towards what I was in need, right in front of me when I walked into the store, it seemed like an angel came down to my rescue.

Avene are targeted towards sensitive skin, which I dont necessarily have, I do have incredibly dry, dehydrated, and sore skin. The set contains almost everything you would need in a skincare regime. Included is a Micellar Water, Thermal Water, Hydrating Serum , Rich Hydrating Cream, and bonus Soothing Moisture Mask.

Avene Micellar Lotion Cleanser
This no rince cleanser has 3-in-1 benefits- cleansing, toning and makeup removal. Im not super excited about this one as I have micellar waters already and havent really been using them much lately.

Avene Thermal Spring Water 
Soothes, softens and calms the skin. Again, another product im not super excited for. Thermal waters are nice to apply over top of makeup to take the cake face look away, but overall I dont really use these too much.

Avene Optimale Soothing Hydrating Serum
This serum is said to prodive long lasting hydration and soothe dehydrated or senstive skin. It also enhances the effectiveness of any moisturizer or treatment applied over top. I was quite impressed with this and think it was once of the best things in the set. It instantly made my face feel smoothe and more hydrated. Definitely will be purchasing a full size of this once I use the sample up.

Avene Hydrance Optimale Rich Hydrating Cream
Provides prolonged hydration to the skin. The gently, creamy formula helps dry skin restore its hydrolypidic barrier and maintain moisture. I quite liked this. Its quickly become a favourite moisturizer. Even though its a rich cream it doesnt feel heavy on the skin and didnt take a long time to sink into the skin. A+ product in my eyes.

Avene Soothing Moisture Mask
Provides intensive soothing care to dehydrated, overstressed skin. It deeply penetrated the skin and in minutes leaves the skin supple soft and radiant. They dont lie about the description. This stuff actually works, and works well. The first time I used it I actually slept with it on because my face was so sore and tight. I woke up with the best feeling skin id ever had. A new favourite mask for sure.

I think this is a great set with five products I will actually use and do relly like. I wish the set came with a cleanser though. The Micellar Water could be used as a cleanser, though I would have liked a cleansing milk instead. I tend to use micellar waters more for makeup removal, but this will be nice for travel. Otherwise I was quite impressed with this set and will for sure be buying some full sizes of some of the products.

No comments:

Post a Comment

romantica theme by Pink + Lola