Tuesday 13 January 2015

Dry Lip Remedy

blistex, the body shop lip butter, lips, dry, chapped, lush santa scrub, dry lip remedy

Since having Lily my body has had many changes, one being super unbelievably dry lips. And boy do I mean dry. For months ive had this problem and there are very few things ive found to actually make an overall difference.

I often forget to use a lip scrub, but it really does make a difference. I have a bad habit of biting at my lips when theyre dry, resulting in bleeding, scabby.. basically really gross looking lips that end up in even worse condition then I started with. Anyone else do this? Lush have some great lip scrubs- affordable and also edible! Whats not to love. I have the Santa's Lip Scrub, which smells like cola. Its limited to Christmas time so probably not available now, but there are a few different options available year round.

As for moisturising, Ive found most balms dont actually do anything. They feel nice on the lips but when it comes to fixing dryness, you may aswell not bother. My go to is Blistex Medicated Lip Ointment, which is more of a cream consistency. Its slightly minty and tingly, and really does wonders to painfully dry and itchy lips. I have to have this with me at all times. For days when my lips are quite as bad, I grab a lip butter. The Body Shop Lip Butters are my all time fav; many different scents and are super moisturizing. Honey Mania and Shea are great. 

What are you favourite lip treatments? 







No comments:

Post a Comment

romantica theme by Pink + Lola