Thursday 25 April 2013

My Skin Care Routine


I have a growing interest in skincare and have been adding a few things into my routine little by little. I used to be very lazy about removing even my eye makeup so a full skin care routine was once non existent. I now find pleasure(what?) in slathering my face in moisturiser and having that soft, clean skin feeling.

To remove my makeup, I use the same eyemakeup remover ive been using for about five years, the Avon Eye Makeup Remover Lotion. My eyes tend to be sensitive to most removers; they sting and leave me with sore, tight skin after. This stuff is very gentle and removes even the toughest mascara. Also great for your bank account as its about $2.99. Once I have all my makeup off my eyes, lately ive been using the Vichy 3 in 1 Cleaning Milk all over my face and eyes to remove the remainder of makeup left on my face. It leaves my skin feeling soft as its not stripping the skin. I dont find that I get a deep enough cleanse using this alone, so I then go in with the Simple Refreshing Facial Wash and then pat my face dry. Now onto the moistiriser, im finishing up using my Vichy Aqualia Thermal Riche, which is my winter moisturiser. Its great for dry skin, but only something I use in the winter months as my skin is more normal in the spring/summer and I find this can be too heavy. As of now I dont have an eyecream, so ive been having to skip this step. If you have any recommendations id love to hear them. 

Extras

When travelling,  I like to bring a micellar solution with me as it works well as an all over makeup remover/cleanser. Ill either use the La Roche Posay Effecalr Micellar Water, or lately ive been using the  Nuxe Micellar Cleansing Water with Rose Petals as I have a mini bottle and its handy to carry around in my makeup bag. I personaly am not a fan of this one and dont recommend, as it stings a bit and isnt as good at removing. I also am not really a fan of floral scents so it makes me feel a little ill. Ill be happy to see the end of this stuff and will reuse the bottle with the La Roche Posay instead. 

If my skin is looking particularly dry or flaky, Ill use an exfoliant. Ive been using the St Ives apricot scrub, which smells nice and is a little more abrasive on the skin from others ive tried. It does a good job at taking any dead skin off (yuck), and leaves the skin smooth and ready for moisture.

Again, if my skin is dry, Ill use the Antipodes Aura Manuka Honey Mask, which is great for hydrating the skin, and works at targeting breakouts. It leaves the skin plump and smooth as anything after 15 minutes. 

Sometimes ill spray the Vichy Thermal Water on my face, as it cools and soothes the skin, and is very refreshing if im feeling hot. I mostly use it over my makeup in the day to take away that cakey "im wearing makeup" look to the skin. As we all know I like a natural look to the skin so this stuff helps with that a lot. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

romantica theme by Pink + Lola