Saturday 27 April 2013

Empties #7


I am actually amazed at the amount of things ive managed to use up/get rid of this time. I usually only have 4-5 things so im quite pleased with myself.

Fruits & Passion Field Berries Foaming Bath
I actually got this for my mum for christmas, and used it a few times myself so I thought id include it. This stuff smells amazing. Id buy it again just for the scent alone. Although id probably try a shower gel or body butter next time so I get to enjoy it more.

Biore 4-in-1 Revitalizing Cleanser
I received this in a glossybox long time ago and never touched it. Because its a foaming cleanser I never used it and it just kind of sat around unused in a box of samples. I saw it and thought it was time to throw it away since theres no sense in keeping something I have no intention of ever using. You may be asking "why wont you use a foaming cleanser?" The answer to that is that its bad for the skin. In order to make the foam, you need a surfactant, which in turn makes your skin alkaline, making your skin "a petri dish for bacteria", as Caroline Hirons would say.

Garnier Fructis Extra Strong Gel
This has been sitting in my cupboard for years. I havent used or even thought about using gel since I dont even know when. Why did I even still have this stuff?

Alpen Jasmin Bath Salts
I received a box of six of these for christmas. I throw some into my bath but honestly I dont really notice that it does much other than make the water smell nice.

Vichy Aqualia Thermal Riche Moisturiser
This was my winter moisturiser, which is great for really dry, tight, itchy skin. Im glad to have used this up since ive had it since last winter, and its finally getting warmer out that this would be too heavy to use. I would purchase again, but I have other things on my list to try before I do.

Maybelline Dream Mousse Concealer
Another really old product sitting in my collection. This ones actually used up, except for a little around the edges which have since dried up. This was discontinued and I was devastated as it was a great under eye concealer. Not sure why it wasnt thrown out a long time ago though.

Maybelline Mineral Powder Concealer 
This stuff was a great drugstore concealer. It lasted me a realy long time. Maybe over a year. It was nice for covering circles, and I also used it as an eye primer. It wasnt bad with creasing and had decent coverage.

Marcelle Xtension Plus Mascara
Ive talked about this a few times. I was sad to see this dry up as it was a pretty nice mascara. No matter how much you put on it doesnt ever make your lashes clumpy. It would sometimes make them stick together and look like I only had 5 lashes though. Great for separating the lashes for a natural look, but buildable. If it gave me volume I would probably purchase this again, but for now ill continue with trying new things.

Cotton Pads
I used a pack of both the small regular cotton pads for my eye makeup, and larger ones that I like to use for the face with a micellar water.

Simple Kind To Eyes Eyemakeup Remover

This stuff is the devil. I received it in a glossybox quite a while back and because its in a small bottle I thought it would be good to travel with when I went away for a few days in the summer. I hadnt tried it and didnt bring my usual remover. Bad choice. This stuff stung like you wouldnt believe, and didnt even remove really any of my makeup. It took about five minutes to remove as much as I could possibly get off, which is a ridiculous amount of time to spend on the eyes alone. It left my skin dry and sore. I dont understand how they can call it Kind To Eyes. Im renaming it Torture For Eyes. Terrible product simple, im disappointed because I really like the cleanser I got with it.

Arbonne Ginger Citrus Sugar Scrub
Again, had this forever. Never really used to be that interested in baths or bath products. This was a mini size but lasted quite a while. Im not a fan of the scent, but it was a decent scrub.

No comments:

Post a Comment

romantica theme by Pink + Lola