Monday 18 March 2013

Manetenance


Its surprising that as I am a hairstylist, I dont talk a whole lot about hair. I thought id share with you the products ive been using on my hair lately and update you every now and again.

Let me start off by saying I have thin, fine hair that I have been in the process of growing out almost for two years now. It was super damaged from all the colouring and experimentation I did when I was in hair school. I went from having virgin brown hair, to caramel hi-lights, being totally blonde, and then bright red. I was left with a lot of breakage and had to cut a lot of length off which was a sad moment, and since have been trying to get it back to a healthy state. 

For shampoo and conditioner I love TIGI Bed Head Urban Antidotes Level 2 Recovery. They are targeted towards dry, damaged hair to help repair and bring moisture. The scent is lovely and really makes the hair feel soft and smooth. These huge bottles have lasted me months and months and its definitely one of my favourite shampoos and conditioners. 

After coming out of the shower I wrap my hair up for maybe five minutes and then take it down and spray a bit of a leave-in to help comb through without causing more damage. Your hair is more prone to breakage when wet, so be sure to use a wide tooth comb or vent brush only. And be gentle! Ive been using this sample of Matrix Miracle Treat Lotion Spray the past month or so and really enjoying it. 

When my hair was feeling like straw, I was obsessed with oils. They add moisture to the hair and leave it super silky and manageable. I havent been using it much lately, but when I feel like my hairs drier (more so the ends if im in need of a trim) I use a pump or two of the Joico K-Pak Colour Therapy Restorative Styling Oil. It smells nice and leaves the hair silky soft. It can also be applied to dry hair for added shine, but ive never tried it personally. 

Then I just let my hair air dry until 80-90 percent dry, then whip out my blow drier and blow out my bangs and just messily dry the rest with my hands and flat iron away. 

I used to use a lot more products on my hair but ive found it weighs it down a lot and really doesnt need it. I hope you found this interesting and if you ever have any hair related questions feel free to ask away. 





No comments:

Post a Comment

romantica theme by Pink + Lola