Thursday 21 February 2013

The Body Shop Bath Set


    I  received this lovely set of Body Shop bath products for christmas. I do love a good pamper every now and now and have been enjoying a relaxing bath after a long day or on my days off, so I was very excited when I opened this up. It came in a beautiful round box and contains 5 products in the Shea scent, as well as exfoliating mitts. The products include a shower cream, beautifying oil, body scrub, mini body butter, and a lip butter. Lucky for me, I happen to love the smell of shea, but it may not be everyones cup of tea. Im going to briefly run over my thoughts on each of the items.

    The shower cream is currently in my shower and has been my body wash of choice as of late. Im really enjoying this stuff- it smells nice and the scent actually stays on the skin. It doesnt lather as much as a gel would but it leaves my skin feeling soft and nourished, which is great for winter and helping with dry skin.

    Ive only used the body scrub once so far, but their site says its a best seller. It has mixture of salt grains and sugar, as well as vitamins E and A, and soy oil to repair the skins moisture barrier and make it smooth and supple. Its not as abrasive as some of the other scrubs ive used, and it did leave my skin soft after. I used the exfoliating mitts with this and they help to make it work better then just using your hands I found. Ive also been using one when I exfoliate my face as its great at helping to remove dry, rough patches on my forehead. Maybe not the best thing to use, but its been helping.

    The mini body butter I like. Ive only used their butters once before and I absolutely hated the scent. But this one I enjoy. The good thing about having everything the same scent is that you actually get to enjoy the scent left on your body afterwards, not just for 5 minutes while you use it. This leaves my skin soft but I found if I apply too much it can take ages to sink it.

    Probably my favourite of the bunch is the Beautifying Oil. Its a multi-use product so you can use it on your face, body and hair. I probably will never use it in my hair, ive been using this in place of a body moisturiser and loving the results. It sinks in quite quickly (which is great so you dont have oily clothing), and leaves my skin baby soft and smelling divine. Ive also been using it on my face as its been dry as ever and flaking like crazy on my forehead. Not a pretty site. Its been working wonders and  leaving my face feeling soft and hydrated. Definitely think ill be looking into more oils in the future.

    The only thing I havent used yet is the lip butter, only because I have about 10 on the go already that I need to use up. But I have tried a coconut one a few years ago and it does leave the lips smooth.

    Im not sure if this was something you could just get a christmas time (probably), but I think its a great set of items. The oil and shower cream were my favourites and of any of the things, id recommend those.

 

2 comments:

  1. This post reminded me its been way too long since I did some Body Shop shopping. Great set:)

    Sara x
    http://beautifulworldoflennynb.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seems so yummy. I love The Body Shop's Shea Butter products xx

    ReplyDelete

romantica theme by Pink + Lola