Tuesday 16 June 2015

Nars Sheer Glow Foundation

nars sheer glow foundation, gobi deuville

I'm very behind on this bandwagon but lets be honest, this stuff isn't cheap. I have gone into sephora and stared at it and almost bought it several times but always talk myself out of it until finally one day I just did it. Big hefty amount gone from my bank account but luckily it was with happy results.

Sheer Glow comes in a glass bottle and unfortunatly no pump. I didn't think I would need one but the foundation is quite liquidy and can be very messy to have sliding around your hand. Plus I tend to pour too much and no one wants to waste something that costs so much. Next Sephora trip a pump is top of my list. I got the shade Gobi(Light 3) though I possibly could have gone one shade up. I wasn't sure between Deuville and Gobi and the sales associates were helping others so I just took a risk. A bit of bronzer and it works just fine with my little bit of a tan. During the winter this should be a good match though. Overall shade selection is really nice. They have quite light shades so that's always nice for us fair girls.

Nars explains the foundation to be glowing, a satin finish with sheer and buildable colour. I have to say it definitely is a "sheer" glow. On first use I was a little shocked, as I love a dewy glow and it wasn't quite what I expected. It gives a nice healthy look to the skin, and is buildable, but I found if too much was applied it can start to look like too much and cling in areas. A smaller amount for me, especially because it has a more liquidy consistency and can take longer to blend in properly if I have too much on the brush. It's definitely easier to add more than to take away. Lesson learned on that really quick. I like the coverage it gave. Its targeted towards more normal to dry skin types so perfect for me. It isnt too heavy looking and still shows my freckles, etc but enhances my skin with a brightening effect.

I think this would make a great everyday foundation. I currently am using it more when I go out, which lately isnt too much. On these hot days I prefer just a bit of bb cream, but when I want my skin to look really nice and smooth, this one definitely comes out. Overall I'm a fan and think it was money well spent.



2 comments:

  1. Looks really beautiful on your skin! Very glowy, even in photos and natural.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yes, it has that natural looking glow that I love x

      Delete

romantica theme by Pink + Lola