Monday 5 May 2014

The Base


As always I start with a primer. Im still using my favourite 
Laura Mercier Hydrating Primer as it works wonders for me. My foundation and blush last throughout the day really well which doesnt happen without this stuff. A must use product for me.

Making my way through my many foundations, my current base choice is Rimmel Wake Me Up. The anti fatigue effect is perfect for my tired skin. Theres a tiny amount of shimmer, similar to my favourite Revlon Photoready, but not detectable on the skin. It gives a gorgeous natural glow to the skin and while the colour is slightly too dark for me, its really easy to blend- I use the Real Techniques Buffing brush- and ive been loving the look it gives. 

As for concealer, it depends on how tired I look. Most days I use the Maybelline Dark Circle Eraser, which has been well loved. It gives pretty decent coverage to my horrible dark eyes and with the help of the Maybelline Dream Lumi Hilighting concealer in the inner portion of my eye to waken the eye area a bit, I look a little more alive for the day to come. If my dark circles are super bad, aka no sleep, I whip out the big guns, Benefit Erase Paste. I find this stuff can be a bit heavy under the eye sometimes so if I dont really need it, I tend to use something else. It does crease a bit because of my eye shape, so I always make sure to powder to prevent this. I use the Rimmel Stay Matte in translucent and a big fluffy brush to apply. Currently ive actually been using a Sonia Kashuk Blush Brush because its big and super soft. Whatever works, right?

Blushes are always changing depending on what I feel like. A few favourites right now are Tarte AchioteAnnabelle Rosewood, and Mac Peachtwist. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

romantica theme by Pink + Lola