Thursday 12 December 2013

Winter Base


Winter is the worst time for my skin. For the majority of the year I have very easy going skin, I dont have any problems because I have normal skin. But once the cold Canadian weather returns, it starts to get dry, tight, and itchy. When it comes to foundation I have to watch what I use to avoid prominent dry patches. 

The number one important thing for me is to exfoliate to remove the dry skin. I do this at night so I dont have red skin in the morning. A good moisturiser is important aswell. I use a heavier one at night so when I wake up my skin is smooth and hydrated, and apply the La-Roche Posay Hydreane Legere, a light hydrating moisturiser in the morning. Next is priming. I find this makes a big difference because it smooths everything out to make the foundation apply nicely. My favourite is Laura Mercier Hydrating Primer. Its kinda pricey but is the best ice tried. 

As for the actualy foundation, right now im using Revlon Nearly Naked. This is definitely not my favourite foundation but it gives a light coverage and a glowy or dewy look to the skin. I find the finish works well with my skin. Anything too matte just accentuates any dry patches which is exactly what I try to avoid. I like the coverage this gives- my skin still looks like skin. Although the colour is a tad too dark for me which is super annoying, though after blending down the neck you cant even tell. 

What are your favourite foundations for dry skin? Id love to know. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

romantica theme by Pink + Lola