Tuesday 6 August 2013

Battle of the Foundation Brushes



When it comes to applying your base, brushes play a big part in the impsct the foundation is going to have. On a lazy day ill just apply a BB cream with my fingers, but ive found that brushes work better at giving a flawless coverage to the skin. Ive been using the Sigma F80 Flat Top Kabuki for years and absolutely love it. Its dense, soft bristles make application super easy and fault proof. Ive never had a problem with this brush, although because of its density it can be a pain when it comes time for its cleaning. 
A new favourite, as ive talked about a few times already, is the Real Techniques Buffing Brush. This brush is rounded and fluffier than Sigmas, and also not as dense. Its shape makes applying in areas such as the sides of the nose, chin, etc a lot easier and blends foundation in super quick. However I do find that it gives a lighter, more skin like coverage to the skin. I have been using this one only the past few weeks and while I do like the look it gives my skin, I think I might prefer the Sigma brush. Also, the buffing brush is not sold on its on, which is a bit annoying although the price point for four good quality brushes is a steal. 

What is your opinion on these brushes and whats favourite foundation brush? Id love to hear back.


No comments:

Post a Comment

romantica theme by Pink + Lola