Monday 17 June 2013

Top Lip Products under $10

L to R; Revlon Balm Stain in Charm and Honey Revlon Matte Lipsticks in Mauve it over and Smoked Peach, Revlon Super Lustrous Lipsticks in Berry Haute, Pink in the Afternoon, Demure, and Love That Pink, Mimmel Moisture Renew Lipsticks in Nude Delight and Vintage Pink, Rimmel Lasting Finish Kate Moss Lipstick in 03, Loreal Colour Riche lipstick in Cardinal Plume

Revlon have many great lip products, and are actualy some of my all time favourites. Their Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stains are great for the gal who doesnt like or have time to touch up their makeup throughout the day( me). They have some great colours, my two favs being Charm and Honey. The balm texture is great- lipstick scares me sometimes because im afraid its ging to end up all down my face without my knowing. But with these, I never have to worry. Theyre easy to throw and and forget about, and last pretty well. I mean, who has time to worry about their lip colour throughout the day anyway.

Their Super Lustrous Lipsticks are really moisuturising and soft on the lips. Again, great colours. I have quite a few, my most worn being Demure, a very easy to wear peachy nude. A new favourite is one of their Matte Lipsticks in Mauve It Over. I dont usually get along well with mattes,  but this one doesnt settle into all the fine lines of my lips. Its a perfect everyday pinky mauve shade and lasts really well throughout the day. Smoked Peach is another nice matte shade but I dont wear it nearly as much as I should.

Rimmels Moisture Renew line are also great, again with a wide colour range. They dont feel like their going to slide all around your face and last fairly well. Id say they are a semi matte. I only have two of these but I quite like both. Nude Delight is a just that, a nude. Its more of a browny peach than a concealer lips kind of nude, which I personally prefer. Vintage Pink is a purple toned pink. I dont really suit most pinks with my fair skin, but this one works pretty well with my colouring. 
I only have one Rimmel Lasting Finish by Kate Moss lipstick but im a fan of the easy application and feel of the lipstick. I have 03, a pinky nude. It glides on so smooth and lasts well on the lips. Id love to try more from this range but I never remember when in the store. I have one from the new Matte collection that came out a little while back, but im not a big fan personally.

Im not much of a lipgloss wearer, but Rimmels Vinyl Gloss are fantastic. Theyre not sticky, dont have a weird scent and are really affordable. They feel smooth on the lips and have some really nice colours. My two favourites are Lovesick and Be Famous. 

The Loreal Colour Riche lipsticks have been talked about alot. They have 50% less wax than usual listicks and are a lot lighter and apply almost like a balm. I have the colour Cardinal Plume, a red. I find this to be an easier way to wear red because of the soft, balmy texture it doesnt emphasize any dryness. It gives a slight glossy look to the lips. It reminds me a lot of the Revlon Lip Butters, but more what id hoped they be like. Its almost an exact dupe of the colour Cherry Tart, but personally I much prefer to use the Loreal one.

No comments:

Post a Comment

romantica theme by Pink + Lola