Tuesday 4 June 2013

May Favourites


The month has flown by, I cant believe its already June. Ive been loving a lot of things this month and will start off with the makeup items. During the warmer months, I dont like applying too much to my face as with the heat I feel like if I touch my face im just wiping everything back off. So to combat my dark under eyes, the Maybelline Dream Lumi Touch Hilighting concealer if my go to. Just as it says, it hilights the area( making it a no go for blemishes) to brighten as well as conceal under the eyes. It really does help to brighten my face up and make me look more alive when ive gotten little sleep. Eyeshadow is something ive always been a bit lazy with. I either apply a champagney shade all over and call it a day, or add some form of brown in the outer portion of the lid aswell. This month Mac Wedge and Mulled Cider both blended through the outer half of the lid has been my go to. Ive also been liking Annabelle Goddess, a gorgeous bronze, although this is not a good colour for me if I look really tired. Rimmel Lash Accelerator is an old favourite that I started using again. It is definitely a mascara that gets better with age. I prefer a dryer formula for my lashes, and the older this one gets the more dramatic and full my lashes look. 

On the cheeks, you guessed it, Annabelle Rosewood blush. I dont know how many times ive mentioned this but its just such a wearable colour. Revlon Super Lustrous in Demure was a rediscover from my collection of lipsticks I barely look at. Its a really easy to wear peachy nude that goes with anything and everything. Fuss free and very me.

Ive been giving lots of care to my skin lately and the three stand out products for me right now are Hydraluron, This Works Perfect Skin Super Moisture and Perfect Eyes Recovery Cream. Ive done a whole post on these so ill just link that here for you to read if you so chose, rather than repeat myself. Ive also been really enjoying laying in the bath and having a good read. A body scrub ive been loving is The Body Shop Shea Sugar Scrub. Its not an abrasive scrub like some of the others ive tried, nor is it oily. It leaves the skin feeling soft (not red raw), and smells amazing. For lazy days when I dont want to do my hair- actually this is everyday but I mean when im off work- I put a pump of two of the Catwalk by Tigi Curlesque Curls Rock Amplifier. Thats a mouth full. Its a cream product to help define your curls and that it really does. I never usually leave my hair natural without a) wanting to straighten it after or b) tying it up. But with this stuff, the curls are more shapely and its not frizzy. Even after ive slept on it and that never happens. I was pleasantly surprised with this stuff. If you have curly or wavy hair like me, I recommend giving this one a go.

One non beauty favourite is The OC. This used to be my favourite show when it was on tv and I missed it so ive been rewatching and enjoying the Ryan/Marissa drama and awesome music. Im currently on season two and loving it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

romantica theme by Pink + Lola