Saturday 11 May 2013

Spring Lips


Mac Ravishing, Mac Shygirl, Nyx Round Lipstick in Fig, Nyx Xtreme Lip Cream in Nude Peach Fuzz, L'oreal Colour Caresse Shine Stain in Rose On and On, Revlon Kissable Balm Stain in Charm, Korres LiP Balm in Quince

Spring is here and its a time where I venture out of my comfort zone and wear a little more colour on the lips then usual. As you can tell, I tend to go for peachy pink or berry toned colours. I have a few options, depending on the occasion or how long I want it to last.

Lipstick
Mac Ravishing is a peachy orange colour that I got a few months back and have not braved wearing yet. It is a gorgeous colour for spring and summer but im not sure yet if its too orange for my skin tone. A more wearable peachy pink colour is Mac Shygirl. Ive talked about this many times and it has quickly become possibly my favourite lipstick. Its really easy to wear and is a great everyday nude. Nyx Round Lipstick in Fig is another colour ive had a while and maybe wore twice. I love the colour but dont normally wear brighter colours, so dont reach for it. Its applied like a dream and is quite pigmented. A gorgeous pinky coral.

Gloss
I dont often wear glosses, but this one I think will be an exception. Nyx Xtreme Lip Cream in Nude Peach Fuzz is a hybrid of a lipstick, gloss and stain. Its thicker than the usual gloss and is very pigmented. Its more of a peachy coral than a nude, which is why I think this is more of a spring or summer shade.

Stain
Im not a person who carried around every product they own to touch up throughout the day. I dont like the hassle of things that need to be fixed over and over throughout the day, so stains are great for me.  Revlon Kissable Balm Stain in Charm is one of my favourite lip products. It leaves a peach stain on the lis, but feels like your wearing a balm. It doesnt dry out the lips even after being worn for a few hours. Easy, fuss free. Another option is the new L'oreal Colour Caresse Shine Stain in Rose On and On. At first I didnt really like this. It applies very odd- it feels like you're putting water on your lips, but leaves a glossy feel. The colour didnt show up well in the swatch, but its a nice berry colour, not too bright. The stain lasts well and its not too sticky on the lips.

Balm
Of course everyone loves just a simple lip balm. Aside from the usual clear balm, theres the Korres Lip Balm in Quince. I dont get nearly enough use out of this little guy but it does offer moisture to the lips and a bit of a tint. Quince is leaves a natural berry tone to the lips, and if build up a little can leave a nice colour.

What are your spring lip picks, id love to know. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

romantica theme by Pink + Lola