Monday 14 January 2013

Favourite lips of 2012

 Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain in Charm
Mac Lipstick in Hug Me
Revlon Lipbutter in Creme Brulee
 Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain in Honey

Im always drawn to bright, pretty lip colours but in all honestly I do not have the confidence to pull off such bold colours (boo). My go to colours seem to be ones that are close to my natural lip colour and arent very 'in your face'. These are been my 4 most worn and loved for just that reason. 

Revlons Charm is a peachy nude, that when on the lips ( or mine at least) it gives a nice peachy coral tint. Its not highly pigmented, but thats what I like. If it gave me orange lips, id never feel like I could pull it off and it would sit in my drawer with the other bold colours im afraid to go near. 

Macs Hug Me is a new fav. I bought this online and went of swatches so I wasnt really sure how id like it or what it was really going to end up looking like. It looks like it would be a dark colour but actually is basically the same colour as my lips. Its perfect for everyday wear because it perks up my face without even looking like im really wearing anything on the lips. Good for those lazy days when I dont want to wear eye liner or even feel like wearing makeup at all. 

Creme Brulee has been a favourite since '11, when everyone was obsessed with lip butters and needed every one of the 20 or so shades. I have 5 and this has always been my most worn. Its a perfect nude- it doesnt make you look dead, it doesnt dry out your lips because its a lip butter and its not a harsh shade on pale skin. 

Honey is the only shade thats a bit more of an actual colour. It again isnt bold and out there, its a mauvey pink that is great for this time of year. Its not a colour that I think could look bad on anyone. My only complaint is that sometimes the 'stain' can make my lips look like they do after youve drank fruit juice or something. But regardless its a nice colour.

Im hoping 2013 will be the year I venture into more colour and actually wear those reds and raspberry colours out of the house.

No comments:

Post a Comment

romantica theme by Pink + Lola