Tuesday 8 January 2013

Daily Winter Face

La Roche Posay Hydreane Legere Korres Vitamin E Face PrimerRevlon Photoready in vanillaMaybelline Mineral Powder concealer

   During the winter, my skin gets dry and has flaky patches on my forehead and around my hair line and cheeks. Wearing makeup becomes difficult because I find that some foundations accentuate this and make me look cakey and dull. This has become my go to daily winter face.

   Hydreane Legere is great as a makeup base because its light and sinks in quite quickly, which is a must for me as im always rushing to get ready in the morning and do not have time to wait half an hour before applying my foundation. Next up is a primer. Ive been using Korres Vitamin E, which works well at keeping my makeup on and looking fresh. As for foundation, ive returned to my love, Revlon Photoready. I was using Colourstay for a while but I found it didnt look right on my dry skin and was also too pink for me. I love that this gives a natural look to the skin-I know some people hate the sparkle but I honestly cant tell on the skin. The colour is a perfect match aswell, which is always a plus. For concealer, ive been finising up the Maybelline Mineral Power. It gives decent coverage and is a good colour match, but like most concealers it does crease under my eyes due to my round eyeshape. Ive grown to accept that no matter what I use, I will probably always have this problem. Not a big deal, but it can be a pain in the you know what every now and then to have to pat under your eyes throughout the day.

   Overall, ive found that these together have been giving me a nice natural look to my skin which is a must for me. Id love to try more foundations and see how they work with my dry winter skin, so any recommendations are always welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment

romantica theme by Pink + Lola