Thursday 1 November 2012

Revlon Colourstay Foundation


Ive heard many rave reviews on this foundation and never wanted to try it as it seemed to be used by people who liked more a matte look to their skin and I personally prefer a more natural, dewy finish. However, I was on the market for a heavier foundation as my bb cream wasnt cutting it as the weather was getting colder and my skin needed a little more coverage. This was on sale so I decided to give it a go and if I didnt like it, at least I didnt pay full price.

I went for shade 110 ivory, which seemed like the best shade at the time but actually is too pink for my yellow under-toned skin. Unfortunately I used the foundation for about a week before I realized this. I did like the coverage though and the finish actually wasnt as matte as I was expecting. During the colder months, my skin develops dry areas and makeup tends to accentuate these spots on my face so I expected to hate this foundation.

Because the colour is a little off for me, I have been mixing this with a bit of my marcelle bb cream in light to medium which is slightly dark for me, giving a perfect colour and a more natural look to the skin which I am a huge fan of. Together they give just enough coverage that it still looks like skin, an important thing for me as I dont like the cake face look, but then again who does? I think I might purchase the next shade up and see how that works for me, but otherwise I think this a nice foundation. But, it doesnt beat out Revlons Photoready in vanilla, the perfect shade match and finish I have found so far for my skin. 





No comments:

Post a Comment

romantica theme by Pink + Lola