Tuesday 10 July 2012

June Glossybox





This months Glossybox was all about summer. From clean, smooth skin to beachy waves and sun protection, this box was filled with more products then usual- and four were full sized!
That being said, I have a bone to pick Glossybox! They claim to give 4-5 deluxed sized high-end products. This box included majority products easily found in a drugstore. Regardless of receiving more products this month, I cant help but find myself unhappy, almost jipped. Yes they may be slow on sending out the boxes and usually dont show up until the next month, but Ive never had a problem with the products I got until now. Now ill get into what I got and youll see why.

Biore 4-in-1 Revitalizing Cleanser
full size ($9.99) 
Purify, cleanse, tone and refresh skin using this self-foaming cleanser, said to wipe 93% of impurities. I have not yet tried this out nor tried anything from Biore before. But I love trying out new skin care products so was happy to see this in my box.

Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Dry Touch Sunscreen Lotion $15.99
SPF 55. Ultra light and fast absorbing, this sunscreen is voted #1 by Canadian Dermatologists. Contains helioplex to provide photostable UVA/UVB protection. I like how tiny this is. I think it will be perfect for carrying around in my bag and will be using when I go to edgefest this weekend.

Wella Professional Ocean Spritz full size $16.99
This is a spray to achieve beachy, textured hair. It is recommended to apply to dry hair, twist into a bun and diffuse and when taken out is said to give beachy waves. I havent tried this technique out yet, so expect a blog post on my results.
 
Olay Regenerist Wrinkle Revolution Complex $30.99
Advanced micro-fillers instantly smooth the look of fine lines. Claims the BioPeptide and B3 complex hydrates and improves the appearance of deep lines in just 14 days. I dont have much to say about this as im only 19, turning 20 and wrinkles are not my biggest concern at this point in my life. The product does have a nice scent though.
Covergirl Flipstick Blendable lip duo full size $12.50
Double ended lipcolor stick has a side for shimmer, and side for colour. Blend together to create endless looks. I have to say I was really disappointed to find this in my box. I never had an interest in trying these when they came out. The colours are odd and I absolutely hate shimmer on my lips. But the colour they gave me actually isnt horrible. I know a lot of people got the weird bronze and brown shade, but mine was a wearable pink and a mauvey shimmer. I may get use out of the pink side but will never use the shimmer and therefore the purpose of this product is demolished.

Gillette Venus Embrace razor full size $13.43
A shave fit for a goddess. First razor created with 5 blades that hug every curve to get virtually every hair- even bikini hair. I laughed when I saw this. A razor, while practical, is kind of an odd thing to receive in a beauty box. Had it of been shaving cream or a removing lotion okay, but non-the-less these are expensive in my opinion and I dont usually buy them because I dont want to fork out money to replace the blades. I suppose its nice but wold have preferred something else.

Biore Deep Cleansing Pore Strips $9.99 for 8
In just one use, you can remove a weeks worth of built up dirt in just 10 minutes. That sounds gruesome. Ive never used a pore strip before and wasnt overly thrilled about getting this. Another thing I havent tried yet.

While Im sure these products will get their use, or at least most of them, I must say this month was a let down. I hope nexts months will be better. Let me know what you got in your box and what your opinion on it was.

2 comments:

  1. i love the packaging it comes in! do you know if the pore strips are good for your skin? lovely blog:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post !

    Always interested to see what's in the other Glossy boxes I expect the Dutch box next week :)

    That lipstick looks nice :)

    Just stopped by your blog!
    Loved it instantly so I have no choice but to follow you around!!

    Please feel free to check out my blog if you have the time

    Love,

    Janice
    the-fashion-milkshake.blogspot.nl

    ReplyDelete

romantica theme by Pink + Lola