Monday 2 January 2012

CHI Silk Infusion Review

 This stuff is my favourite thing to exist, ever. I had heard so many good reviews on CHI products for years, but for some reason never tried any of them. While attending hair school I was experimenting with my hair a lot, changing colours and styles more frequently than I probably should have. With that being said, my hair was not happy with all the abuse it was getting, leaving me with breakage, split ends, and just overall dry, not so nice hair. From someone who never coloured or did more than straighten or curl their hair, becoming a blonde and then redhead was a really fun change, but would a lot nicer if it came without damage.

I was on the hunt for some nice products to use- different conditioners, oils, straightening creams and heat protectants, and while some of those were nice and I did notice a difference in my hair, nothing gave me such amazing results as CHI's Silk Infusion. Now I had been thinking about trying this product one day, but when going to the store I was actually going with the intention of purchasing the 44 Iron Guard heat protectant, however they didnt have it in stock so I figured I would try this one as I knew its reviews were very positive.

The product is an oil that is applied to damp hair prior to styling. It is meant to reconstruct the hair and give it a silky feel and shine. Does it do this? Absolutely. The first time I used it, I couldnt stop touching my hair. It hadnt felt that smooth and silky in months! I was amazed. Only a very small amount needs to be used, as it disperses through the hair easily. The one thing im on the fence about is the smell. It reminds me of cologne or mens after shave. Kind of an odd smell for a hair product- not bad, just unexpected compared to the usual fruity smells most brands have.

I am more than happy with this product and would recommend it to everyone with dry or damaged hair. I honestly dont know how I managed without it all this time. The bottle is going to last me ages, but when im finished I will definitely be repurchasing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

romantica theme by Pink + Lola