Wednesday 28 December 2011

Vichy Aqualia Thermal Rich Moisturizer

 
With the cold winter weather, also comes ugly, itchy, dry, flaking skin. Not a pretty look. Generally I have quite nice skin- few spots, no oil or dryness.
I was definitely blessed in this area. However come winter, my skin gets extremely dry and itchy in certain areas, my face being one of the worst. I get dry, flaky patches on my cheeks, forehead, and above the eyebrow. My daily moisturizer I was using was on its last legs and just was doing anything for these particular areas. My foundation would accentuate these areas so badly, someday I didnt want to leave the house because I didnt want anyone to see my face. I decided to invest in a nicer face cream, and having no idea what I was looking for I wandered the shelves. One of the girls working there asked the usual "Can I help you find anything questions?" and while I usually answer with an "I'm just looking, thanks", I thought this was a good time to use their assistance. The girl recommended I try Vichy, and showed me that there was a set with two other products included that was a dollar cheaper than cream itself. Why they had the price like that baffles me, but I couldnt resist a deal and chance to try some other products so decided to go for that.


Now in all honesty, I didnt have high expectations for this stuff. I figured a creams a cream, no matter how much money you spend. But I was wrong. I tried it the next day, and when it came time to put my make up on I wasnt expecting to see anything different. My foundation went on beautifully- skin looked smooth and flake free. I couldnt believe it! One use and it made the 36 dollar purchase worth it.


The cream is thick, and very moisturizing. It absorbs into the skin very well, making it a good base for your makeup. I would be careful as to how much you use though, being a rich cream, as to not clog your pores. The smell is not something I particularly like, almost like a mild sun block scent. However from what ive read, a lot of people seem to like the smell. As an overall, I would definitely recommend this to anyone with dry/dehydrated skin. A definite winter life saver.

No comments:

Post a Comment

romantica theme by Pink + Lola