Wednesday 27 February 2013

Nuxe Travel Kit


Travel sets are great for when your going away and need small sizes of all your essential things. But if your anything like me, you buy them to try new products or brands out. And that was exactly what I had in mind when purchasing this Nuxe travel set from feel unique. Having heard many great things about the brand, especially the Reve de Miel lip balm, I was interested in trying some new things but with a high price point I wasnt sure I wanted to splurge on something I wasnt sure to like. 

In this set there are five products that come in a clear little zippered bag, another great thing for travel. I was pleased with the fact that they gave a description of what each thing was on the back in a few languages, as Nuxe is a french brand. Theres nothing worse than buying something and having no idea what it is or how to use it because its in a foreign language. 

The first thing inside is the Eau Demaquillante Micellaire, a micellar cleansing water. This can be used on the face and eyes to remove makeup, and does not need to be rinsed. The first thing I noticed was the very strong scent as it contains rose, which im not a fan of. Ive been using the La Roche Posay Effeclar Micellar Water for a few months and love it because it has no scent and feels like water. But this stuff smells horrible, makes my skin sting a bit and leaves my eyes feeling tight and kind of sticky. While I usually wash my face after removing makeup anyway, I dont think not rinsing your face after using this is really a good idea. I would not purchase this and dont recommend. 

Next up is the Creme Prodigieuse Anti-Fatigue Moisturising Cream, which is a day moisturiser for all skin types, said to re energize and protect the skin from oxidative stress from everyday factors. Ive used this a few times and think its a nice day time cream, more so for people that dont have dry skin though. I cant say if it does as it claims, but it leaves the skin soft and is great as a makeup base. However this is another product with a strong scent, which to me smells like an old women. When I tried this the first day, I came down the stairs having just come out the shower with only this on my skin and my dad thought I had doused myself in perfume. Might I add that it would not be a very nice perfume if that had been the case. Since then ive been hesitant everytime I apply that everyone's going to think I smell like someone three times my age. If the scent was different, I think id actually quite like this.

Huile Prodigieuse multi use dry oil is one of the main reasons I wanted to try this set. Ive heard man people go on and on about how great this oil is and wanted to see for myself. I havent really used this to  give a proper review so I cant give my opinion on it yet, but I have been really enjoying the results of using oils on my face and body the past few weeks so im sure this will get a lot of love from me.

The Reve De Miel creme hand and nail cream  is a great hand cream. It has a nice scent light scent and sinks into the skin quickly. It doesnt leave you feeling sticky, waving your hands around because you cant open a door or touch anything which is an important thing in a hand cream, lets be honest. It leaves my skin soft, and has been something ive loved applying especially around my cuticles as I have a habit of picking them. While I probably wouldnt purchase a full size of this unless I wanted to treat myself, I do think this is a nice product. 

Last but not least, is the Nuxe body Fondant shower gel. This is the only thing I havent used yet, only because I already have so many shower gels on the go. This contains almond and orange flower petals, which smells nice from what I can tell in the bottle. I dont go away very often so I probably wont be using this one for a while. 

Overall, I was slightly disappointed. The scents were a huge throw off for me. Im going to continue to use the products and im sure you will see them in an empties post where ill give an update on my thoughts. Ill be doing a separate review on the oil however, so you can keep an eye out for that. If you have any Nuxe recommendations, id love to hear what products you like.

1 comment:

  1. I have been tempted to pick this up in the past and it includes a couple of items I would like to try out! I love kits like this, they are always good value for money too!

    Leanne @ Leanne-Marie | Beauty, fashion & lifestyle. x x

    ReplyDelete

romantica theme by Pink + Lola