Monday 13 August 2012

Marcelle BB Cream


I was introduced to Marcelle by Glossybox a few months ago and wanted to try their bb cream, having heard good things. It is said to have 8-in-1 multi-benefits; evening out skin tone, immediate and long term hydrating benefits, protects from premature aging and environmental stresses, promote skin regeneration, control shine, soothe and calm the skin, reduce the appearance of imperfections and provide an anti-dull radiant complexion.

There are only two shades- light to medium and medium to light, which I was skeptical about and typically when there isnt much of a shade range, fair skin tones like myself (lighter than an NC15) usually are left out in being able to use the product. However, I went on a whim and bought it anyway to see if it would work on my skin tone. When I first began applying, I thought there was no way this would blend in and not make me look like I had no idea how to match my face to my makeup, but once blending it in I knew it was workable. Because its summer, my body is typically tanner than my face(dont ask me why) , and therefore having a slightly darker foundation helped to even that out well for me. Not once have I had someone come up me or point out that I have a mask line on my neck or that I looked like an oompa loompa. I take this as a good sign.

The consistency of the bb cream is much like a thicker moisturizer. It was odd to get used to at first, being used to liquidy foundations, which meant using a brush was not a good idea as it would absorb all the product. A small amount is enough to cover the face where it looks natural and not overdone. The finish is a semi matte, its feels light on the skin and gives just enough coverage for everyday. If youre someone with problematic skin such as acne or scarring, this is probably not something you'd be interested in, but for something light for the summer time, I think this is great.

Whether it does half the things it claims, I cant really say. All I know is it evens out my face, feels moisturizing that you can skip that step if you like, and has a nice natural look to it. I am impressed with this BB cream, but once the colder months come I know im not going to be able to use until next summer.

2 comments:

  1. Im a big fan of BB creams and been eyeing this one for a while, think Ill be trying it as soon as my others are finished:)

    http://beautifulworldoflennynb.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete

romantica theme by Pink + Lola