Saturday 16 June 2012

May Glossybox



This months Glossybox is all about summer prep. I was quite impressed with my box actually, receiving a little something from every category. Hair, skin, body and makeup-whats not to like about that! Now lets see what I got in my box.


Sebastian Professional Volupt Shampoo  Full Size ($15.78)
Volupt shampoo contains cushioning particles to provide a volume boost and soft touch, with natural bamboo extract. Shampoo is safe for colour treated hair, which is a must for me in a shampoo. Honestly, this shampoo couldnt have come at a better time. I had just ran out of my Joico shampoo, so ive gotten a few uses out of this and so far im liking it. Even though I have thin, fine hair, volume is not something I target towards in a shampoo. As I said before, I aim towards something thats going to help retain my colour. This does however smell really nice and leave my hair soft, as well as give some volume which is a nice added bonus.

 Curel Foot Cream  ($3.99)
Curel says this will significantly improve the look and feel of even the driest heels and feet in just two nights. Infused with shea butter, coconut milk and vitamin e, this cream absorbs quickly and has a nice light scent. As a lover of shea, I instantly loved this for the scent. 

Simple Refreshing Facial Gel ($9.99)
Simple is a UK brand that has been brought over recently. I was quite excited to receive some of their products in my box as I had been wanting to try some of them out. Their products are targeted towards sensitive skin. This cleansing gel leaves your skin thoroughly cleansed and revived, containing some of purest skin-loving ingredients.
I was pleasantly surprised with how much I liked this cleanser. Ive never really found anything that actually made me want to wash my face. This cleans my face without leaving it feeling tight or dry, but instead smooth and refreshed. I will definitely be buying a full size of the when ive finished my sample.

 
Simple Eye makeup remover ($9.99) 
Another Simple product. I was intrigued  to try this, even though I already have an eye makeupremover that I love and have no intentions of switching from. As I said in my empties post, I have sensitive eyes- oils and remover wipes make them burn like crazy and made me hate removing my eye makeup. As this istargeted towards sensitive skin, I thought I might enjoy this one. It is said to effectively remove even waterproof mascara. The other day I went away for the weekend and brought this instead of my usual remover to give it a try. I dont know if it was because I didnt have any cotton pads and had to use tissue, or the fact that this stuff just doesnt work well, but I spent probably about five minutes trying to remove my mascara and eyeliner- not even waterproof. I was left with bits of black around my bottom lash line and extremely dry under eyes. I was very disappointed in this, and dont know if I will even finish the sample.

Iman Lipstick
Full Size($16.00)

I received the shade red, which is said to be suitable for everyone. Its supposed to be a long lasting lipstick, while conditioning and moisturizing for the lips. I havent tried this out other than on my hand, so I cant really tell you much about this. It does seem like a luxury product retailing at sixteen bucks, so I do have high hopes for this.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

romantica theme by Pink + Lola